Certified Internet of Things Practitioner is the certification for validating a foundational understanding of IoT Concepts
What is the Internet of Things? It’s not just about connected consumer devices like wearables and smart thermostats. As IoT evolves into much larger-scale business applications in the world of healthcare, manufacturing, and nearly every other industry imaginable, the need for a general understanding of the technologies, tools, and methods that are part of IoT is greater than ever. Certified Internet of Things Practitioner (CIoTP) is a comprehensive certification designed to validate that individuals in a wide variety of job functions have a foundational knowledge of the important concepts and components that are part of an IoT ecosystem.
CIoTP has been developed in compliance with ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024 standards, and accreditation is pending approval.
|Launch Date||Fall 2018 (Delivery platform currently undergoing maintenance – available for scheduling May 2019)|
|Sunset Date||TBD (est. Fall 2020)|
|Target Candidate||Individuals who are seeking to build a vendor-neutral, cross-industry foundational knowledge that will enable them to design, implement, operate, and/or manage an IoT ecosystem.|
|Exam Description||The Certified Internet of Things exam will certify that the successful candidate has the foundational knowledge of IoT concepts, technologies, and tools that will enable them to become a capable IoT practitioner in a wide variety of IoT-related job functions.|
|Number of Items||100 questions|
|Item Formats||Multiple Choice/Multiple Response|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Exam Options||In person at Pearson VUE test centers – coming May 2019|
|Passing Score||60 or 61% depending on exam form. Forms have been statistically equated.|
- Dallas Bishoff, Independent Consultant, BSI
- Christian Busch, Enterprise Product Innovator, CPO/CTO, SAP Labs, LLC.
- Trent Salvaggio, Program Manager, Internet of Things Consortium
- Tim Summers, President, Summers & Co
- Tom Zorde, Founder and Chair, Perth IoT Community
- Christoper Gregory, Network and Systems Administrator, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
- Lucas Pinz, Technology Director, PoromonLogicalis
- Chetan Khona, IoT Strategic Marketing Manager, Xilinx
- Mazel Arwal, SAP IoT Solution Architect, SAP Mena LLC
- Anand V, Technology Strategist and Consultant, Anasup Consulting
- Gregory Herron, Information System Security Engineer/System Architect, US Department of Defense
- Mark Szewczul, IoT Security Architect, Zimperium, Inc.
- Stephen Denman, Solution Strategy, Evangelism & Enablement, IBM, Watson IoT Division
- Thierry Oscar Edoh, Faculty/Lecturer, Technical University of Munch, BMW
- Pranav Badhwar, Director, IoT Innovation and Partnerships, TESSCO Technologies/Century Link
- John Gibbs, Solutions Architect, Spark New Zealand